Active engagement in the community.
Everyone needs community. Finding people with similar interests, giving back to others and realizing your potential for growth are important to living a full life—at any age.
For the people we serve who are of retirement age, or who are not participating in an employment program, AtWork! provides pathways to active engagement in their communities. With personal assistance to each individual and his or her support team, we’ll develop a plan to build connections with others who have similar interests, and to contribute to the community through volunteer work.
Community Access Activities:
- Civic engagement
- Volunteer work
- Social and recreational activities
- Creating natural support systems
- Promoting relationships
- Facilitating use of resources
Benefits You’ll Enjoy:
- Self-determination: joining communities based on your preferences and interests
- Increased ability to choose your own friends and activities
- Learning new skills, gaining pride and self-esteem
- Support while you discover your potential and explore your interests
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Developing a natural support network through real relationships with community members, for less reliance on paid companions
- Greater understanding of community resources, such as transportation, social organizations and recreational opportunities, to foster independence
Call 425-274-4000, email Wendy Randall, Director of Community Access Services, or call her at 425-274-4002.